Tuesday January 31, 2017
For Immediate Release
Langley, BC – Members of IAM Local 692 have ratified a new collective agreement with WestCan Industries.
“This is an agreement everyone can be happy with,” explained IAM District Lodge 250 Business Representative Dale Gentile. “We have always had overtime paid at one and a half times the standard rate but we have just negotiated two times the standard rate for overtime and the minimum wage rate for students is now $15.00 per hour which supports our campaign for a minimum wage of $15.00 per hour.”
The three-year agreement provides wage increases of 3 per cent in each year. Other agreement highlights include:
- Removal of the two tier wage scale system from the collective agreement
- Improved dental coverage
- Long Term Disability coverage improvements
- Apprenticeship rates improved
- Shipper classification wage scale improved
- Improved pension plan contributions
The thirty members manufacture, repair, rebuild and overhaul industrial pumps for industry.